Yummy Smoothie Recipe from Physical Therapist, Katie Cordery
I am a smoothie junkie! I love making a good smoothie for breakfast and knowing that the ingredients that I am putting in the smoothie are effective in reducing chronic inflammation, providing anti-oxidants to my body, and giving me “brain power!” These benefits all make the smoothie taste even sweeter! Below is one of my favorite smoothie recipes that I use to not only satisfy my hunger but to give my body the fuel it needs to be healthy! This recipe makes 2 servings.
Katie’s Peanut Butter and Fruit Yum Yum Smoothie (Makes 2 servings):
- ½ to a full cup of coconut milk
- Half of a fresh banana (Anti-oxidants)
- ½ cup frozen strawberries (Anti-inflammatory, Anti-oxidants)
- ½ cup of fresh pineapple (Anti-inflammatory)
- 1 Tablespoon of Peanut Butter (Protein)
OPTIONAL ADD INS:
- 1 tablespoon ground Flax Seed (Anti-inflammatory)
- 1-2 tablespoons of ground Chia Seeds (tons of nutrients, minimal calories)
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup rolled oats (dry)
- 1 serving of your preferred protein powder
*Blend all of the ingredients for 20-30 seconds and enjoy!*
Your Comeback Story Starts Here!
Omaha Physical Therapy Institute has a main location at 144th & Dodge and a secondary location (AIM Clinic) located inside of the Omaha Sports Complex on 144th & Giles! The BEST place for physical therapy in Omaha!