Quick and Easy Desk Workout
QUICK and EASY Desk Workout
Sitting at work too much? Feel like you are not moving enough during the day? Do this quick 2-minute workout once every 2-3 hours to get your heart rate up and body moving! Remember, MOTION IS LOTION! MOVE TO IMPROVE!
- 1. Sit-to-stand – 10 reps
- 2. Shoulder blade squeezes – 10 reps
- 3. High knees in place – 10 reps each leg
- 4. Hamstring curls in place – 10 reps each leg
- 5. Heel-toe raises – 10 reps
- 6. Wall or desk push-ups – 10 reps
- 7. Kick-outs / kick-backs – 10 reps
EXPLANATION OF THE EXERCISES
- 1. Sit-to-stand – This exercise is just as it sounds. From a seated position, stand up. Once standing, sit back down. Focus on keeping your chest up, knees over your toes, and try not to use your hands to stand.
- 2. Shoulder Blade Squeezes – Gently squeeze your shoulder blades together so that your shoulders come down and back.
- 3. High knees in place – While standing, raise one leg at a time to the height of your hip or as high as you are able. Alternate legs. It will look like you are marching in place.
- 4. Hamstring curls in place – Opposite of high knees, one leg at a time, kick your heel up towards your buttocks region or as close as you can. Alternate legs!
- 5. Heel-toe raises – Hold on to your desk and raise up on your toes.
- 6. Wall or desk push-ups – Place your hands on the wall about shoulder height, or on your desk (if the desk is stable!) and slowly bend your elbows. Then push up to the starting position (straighten elbows).
- 7. Kick-outs / kick-backs – While standing, tighten your gluteal (buttocks) muscles and kick one leg out to the side. Alternate legs each rep and perform 10 reps on each leg. Next, tighten your gluteal (buttocks) muscles and kick straight back, keeping your knee straight and again, alternating legs each time.
Your Comeback Story Starts Here!