A Comprehensive Approach
Total Knee Replacement Rehabilitation
When it comes to having your knee replaced, there is fear and anxiety about not only the surgery but the physical therapy that is required afterwards.
Omaha Physical Therapy Institute (OPTI) provides a caring and positive environment to do your total knee replacement rehabilitation that will help you get back to the things that you enjoy! You will actually enjoy coming to physical therapy at OPTI for your total knee replacement rehab!
What Makes OPTI Different for Total Knee Replacement Rehabilitation?
- OPTI guarantees you will be seen one-on-one with the same doctor of physical therapy every visit. This is important in making sure that your physical therapist gets to know you and your lifestyle so treatment can be personalized in order to ensure you reaching your goals.
- You do not need to be nervous about physical therapy being painful! The physical therapists at OPTI will not push you through discomfort. The physical therapists at OPTI are up to date on the most current research on pain neuroscience and use techniques that are comfortable and relaxing to assist with regaining your full range of motion within the first few months after surgery. Our goal is to make sure you end your session feeling better than when you arrived!
- At Omaha Physical Therapy Institute, our focus is on teaching you about why you feel pain and what you can do to decrease the threat level to the central nervous system through strategies to improve your feeling of “safety.” This confidence in movement will lead to more movement and typically less pain. Calming, gentle movements as well as education on pain can decrease fear, increase movement, and create a greater potential for improved comfort with function.
- Hands-on treatment is provided every visit that assists with decreasing pain levels and improving range of motion.
- Ongoing communication with your physician is provided in order to make sure they are aware of your progress and know what goals you are working towards in physical therapy.
- Home exercises are prescribed that assist with achieving your goals and encouraging a more active and healthy lifestyle.
- OPTI provides the Wellness Program and Open Gym program to encourage a continued commitment to health and wellness after your formal rehabilitation has ended.
For more information on Omaha Physical Therapy Institute’s Total Knee replacement rehabilitation, please call 402.934.8688!
“Katie is the best PT in the world! I truly appreciate her patience, enthusiasm, and knowledge. I am now back playing softball and loving it!” –Jessi (ACL surgery)
“Going to physical therapy at OPTI was something I looked forward to every week. Katie not only helped me with the physical part but she also got me through the mental obstacles of recovery. She is the only therapist I know that will take her patient out on the field and work with them one-on-one. Katie and Brent made me feel comfortable and they could always make me laugh through the frustrating times in rehab.” –Ally B.
"My orthopedic surgeon suggested physical therapy for my tennis elbow. I had no idea where to start? I called my PCP and was referred to OPTI…I couldn’t be more satisfied with the therapy I received from there. Everyone is nice starting at the front desk with Lori! I would recommend them hands down than any other place in town. Thanks OPTI!" –Stephanie (Tennis Elbow)
"I really appreciate how much Brent helped me get back into playing collegiate baseball after my shoulder surgery. He gave me comfort, hope, and strength during a tough time and I am grateful for it." –Mike (Shoulder surgery)
“Something I would want people to know about OPTI is that I was able see the same physical therapist every single visit. Most people do not realize that this is unfortunately unique about OPTI. I went to a different PT clinic initially for my injury and found out I was being seen by a college student who was a technician there so I switched to OPTI. It is a night and day difference in quality of care between the two clinics.” – Claire B.
“As an orthopedic surgeon, it is comforting to know that my patients are getting the attention they deserve. They are the most trustworthy PT’s in the area. I have even sent family to them.” – Orthopedic Surgeon in the Omaha area
“The one on one attention was great. I liked that everything we did tied back to soccer. My rehab was soccer-specific and I was able to get some sessions in at the Athletes In Motion Clinic out at the Omaha Sports Complex which was pretty awesome! I felt confident in returning to play!” – Paul (Ankle Injury)
“This note is no doubt long overdue, but comes with enormous gratitude that only continues to grow. This September marked three years since my ACL repair, and each day since I have been blessed with the ability to be fully active, play any sport my heart desired, continue coaching the beautiful game of soccer, climb new mountains (literally) and take on countless adventures and challenges. I certainly have your impressive expertise and fabulous patient care to thank for much of that. So, with all of my heart (and my healthy-thanks-to-you-right-knee), I am grateful. Thank you for leaving a positive permanent impact in my life!” – Becca (ACL Surgery)
“As an athlete, soccer is my life. ACL Reconstruction surgery could have ended my career. I am forever grateful to Omaha Physical Therapy Institute (OPTI) and their Athletes In Motion (A.I.M.) program. OPTI’s team got me back into action and I am back playing the sport I love. OPTI has the best Physical Therapy team in Omaha.” – Mayme Conroy, UNL Soccer, Redditch United F.C.
“I did most of my rehab at the A.I.M. clinic. It was awesome! From the first day, I knew I was going to make it back to pitching. Having the turf and the nets to throw and pitch into helped me get my confidence back.” – Brandon (Tommy John Surgery)
“I am so grateful for the care I received from Marc. He was gentle and kind and helped my back so much.” – Bonnie (Low back pain)
“I have had a total knee replacement on both knees but have gone to two different places for physical therapy. Omaha Physical Therapy Institute was so much better than the first place I had to go to. I was able to see Brent every time and his approach to getting my knee to straighten and bend was a lot more effective and less painful than the other place.” – Diane T.