How to Step On and Off a Curb Using Crutches
Listed below is a step-by-step approach on how to safely and properly walk over a curb while using crutches.
Tip: When walking up and down a curb with crutches, remember to go up with good (unaffected leg) and down with bad (affected leg)
Stepping up a curb with crutches:
1. Approach the bottom of the curb with one crutch on each side of your body.
2. Lift unaffected leg over curb, leaving crutches on ground.
3. Next, shift weight on to unaffected leg on curb.
4. Lift affected leg and crutches over the curb at the same time.
Stepping off a curb with crutches:
1. Approach the curb with one crutch on each side of your body.
2. Place weight on to unaffected leg. Slowly step down with affected leg and crutches at the same time.
3. Next, step down with unaffected leg.
Your Comeback Story Starts Here!