Total Knee Replacement Rehabilitation
A Comprehensive Approach
When it comes to having your knee replaced, there is fear and anxiety about not only the surgery but the physical therapy that is required afterwards. Omaha Physical Therapy Institute (OPTI) provides a caring and positive environment to do your total knee replacement rehabilitation that will help you get back to the things that you enjoy! You will actually enjoy coming to physical therapy at OPTI for your total knee replacement rehab!
WHAT MAKES OPTI DIFFERENT FOR TOTAL KNEE REPLACEMENT REHABILITATION?
- OPTI guarantees you will be seen one-on-one with the same physical therapist every visit. This is important in making sure that your physical therapist gets to know you and your lifestyle so treatment can be personalized in order to ensure you reaching your goals.
- You do not need to be nervous about physical therapy being painful! The physical therapists at OPTI will not push you through discomfort. The physical therapists at OPTI are up to date on the most current research on pain neuroscience and use techniques that are comfortable and relaxing to assist with regaining your full range of motion within the first few months after surgery. Our goal is to make sure you end your session feeling better than when you arrived!
- At Omaha Physical Therapy Institute, our focus is on teaching you about why you feel pain and what you can do to decrease the threat level to the central nervous system through strategies to improve your feeling of “safety.” This confidence in movement will lead to more movement and typically less pain. Calming, gentle movements as well as education on pain can decrease fear, increase movement, and create a greater potential for improved comfort with function.
- Hands-on treatment is provided every visit that assists with decreasing pain levels and improving range of motion.
- Ongoing communication with your physician is provided in order to make sure they are aware of your progress and know what goals you are working towards in physical therapy.
- Home exercises are prescribed that assist with achieving your goals and encouraging a more active and healthy lifestyle.
- OPTI provides the Wellness Program and Open Gym program to encourage a continued commitment to health and wellness after your formal rehabilitation has ended.
For more information on Omaha Physical Therapy Institute’s Total Knee replacement rehabilitation, please call 402.934.8688!
Your Comeback Story Starts Here!